Travel insurance is not designed to cover everything, so take the time to read terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the policy wording.

Feel free to go through our FAQ below to find the right answers. 


It depends on who that person is. If it is your mum, dad, sibling (or mum/dad/sister/brother-in-law), child, spouse or grandparent then yes, you will be covered to cancel your trip. If it’s anyone else, then unfortunately, not.

It’s a good idea as you’ll need to know what you’re covered for but more importantly you need to know who to ring for help and that’s all on the policy documents. You’ll also need to have your policy number to hand. Of course, we can still help you if you don’t have your documents, it’ll just make everyone’s life easier if you do!

Not from us you can’t. You must have bought your Sure Backpacker policy before you leave your home country.

We hope you like your policy but if you’re not happy with it once you’ve taken it out you have 14 days in which to cancel it. We’ll give you a full refund as long as you haven’t travelled and no claims have been made. To cancel your policy please contact us on or call 01689 892204.

Yes, adults on a joint annual policy can travel independently.
No, it doesn’t so if you have pre-existing medical conditions that need to be covered you should look for another policy.
*For us a pre-existing medical condition is: 1) any medical condition where you have been prescribed medication, including repeat prescriptions, or received treatment or attended a GP or a specialist as an outpatient or inpatient in the last 2 years or for which you are currently on a waiting list for treatment or investigation; 2) any illness for which you have received a terminal prognosis or any heart, heart-related or circulatory condition; or any respiratory condition; any stress, anxiety, depression or any other psychological condition; any cancerous condition; or any cerebral condition; 3) any undiagnosed symptoms that may require treatment in the future (i.e. symptoms for which you are awaiting investigations/consultations, or awaiting results of investigations, or where the underlying cause of the symptoms has not been established).
No, as long as your trips don’t exceed the trip length you’ve chosen (30 or 45 days) you’re free to go!
No, it won’t – so make sure that’s sorted before you book your trip!
You’ll need to provide us with your name, address, age, travel dates and destination and your payment details – that’s it!

This is a test answer.

For an annual multi-trip policy your cover starts from the start date on your certificate of insurance and this includes cancellation cover. So, whatever day you chose to start it from, that’s the date cover starts, even if you’ve paid for it a few weeks or months before the start date. For single trip cover your cancellation cover starts from the day you purchase the policy. All other cover starts from the first day of your trip. The dates will be shown on your certificate of insurance.

Travel insurance covers you for the worst-case scenarios when you’re travelling. If you don’t take it, you could be stuck with some hefty medical bills if you fall ill or fall over. If you have to cancel your holiday, you don’t want to lose everything you’ve paid out for it – travel insurance can help with that too. If you get robbed, it might put a damper on the trip but at least if you’re insured you’ll be able to claim back your losses once you’ve reported it to the police.

Yes it is. We have a couple of options for Scuba diving. Up to a depth of 18 metres as standard, or deeper if you are qualified (18-30 metres) You can be covered for Scuba diving to a maximum depth of 30 meters as long as you hold a British Sub Aqua Club (B.S.A.C.) or equivalent certificate or you are under the direct supervision of a qualified instructor. You must also be diving with proper equipment and not contrary to B.S.A.C. codes of good practice. You can’t dive alone, in a cave or in a wreck and you can’t be paid for your diving. You also can’t dive within 24 hours of flying or fly within 24 hours of diving and you must be fit with no medical condition which will make you unable to dive. Phew, so yes, we do cover Scuba diving but there are few limitations!
Pretty much, as long as you’re under the age of 64 for an annual policy and 69 for a single trip policy. You must live in the UK and be registered with a GP in the UK. Other than that, we’re good to go.
IPT is Insurance Premium Tax. It’s a government tax of 20% that has to be applied to all insurance policies. IPT is included on all our policies.
Yes, these are covered as standard on all our policies. If you have something very valuable you should make sure this is insured elsewhere as our policies, as you’d expect, have limits. Check them before you go.

We know that Adventure and Travel always fit together nicely – but there are some things we think are just a little too extreme!

Here is a list of activities we will cover – some are included, and some you can pay an additional premium to cover yourself for. The following activities are covered FREE OF CHARGE, and are described as Category A in your policy wording.

  • Archery
  • Badminton
  • Basketball
  • Bowls
  • Cricket
  • Cycling
  • Fell walking, rambling & trekking
  • Fishing
  • Football
  • Golf
  • Ice-skating
  • Marathon running
  • Racket ball
  • Rafting, kayaking and canoeing
  • Rambling
  • Roller skating
  • Rounders
  • Scuba Diving
  • Skateboarding
  • Snooker, pool and billiards
  • Snorkelling
  • Squash
  • Surfing
  • Swimming
  • Table tennis
  • Tennis
  • Volleyball
  • Water polo
  • Water skiing
  • Windsurfing
  • Yachting, boating, sailing and rowing

Here are a list of activities which we will cover for an additional premium – we may also include additional restrictions. These are categorised as B,C or D in your policy wording. Please click below for a full list :

  • Bungee Jump
  • Camel/Elephant Riding
  • Camogie
  • Cycle touring
  • Deep Sea Fishing
  • Dog Sledging
  • Go Karting
  • Gymnastics
  • Hiking
  • Hockey
  • Hot Air Ballooning
  • Hydro Zorbing
  • Hurling
  • Martial Arts
  • Motorcycling
  • Mountain biking
  • Parascending (over water)
  • Rafting, canoeing and kayaking
  • Rugby
  • Safari
  • Sea Canoeing
  • Trekking
  • Triathlon
  • Abseiling
  • Dry slope Skiing
  • Paragliding
  • Parasailing
  • Parascending (over land)
  • Rafting, canoeing and kayaking
  • Sail Boarding
  • Sand Boarding
  • Sand Yachting
  • Canyoning
  • Hang Gliding
  • Horse riding
  • Ice Hockey
  • Land Yachting
  • Micro Lighting
  • Motor Rallies
  • Parachuting
  • Scuba Diving*
  • Show Jumping
  • Sky Diving
  • Work Abroad
  • Wrestling

For Wintersports, this policy will cover you when you are engaging in the following winter sports on a non-competitive and non-professional basis during your trip when you have paid the additional winter sports premium:

  • Cat skiing (with guides)
  • Snow bobbing
  • Ice hockey
  • Snow shoe walking
  • Monoskiing (not for time trials/speed skiing or racing)
  • Snow boarding on piste
  • Snow blading (no jumping tricks)
  • Glacier skiing
  • Snow blading
  • Langlauf (cross country skiing)
  • Snow tubing
  • Cross country skiing
  • Snow scooting
  • Skiing or snowboarding off piste (within local ski patrol guidelines)
  • Snow shoeing
  • Skiing on piste

The following activities will be covered but there will be no cover in respect of any Personal Accident or Personal Liability claims:

  • Kite snowboarding
  • Snow carting
  • Snow go karting
  • Snowmobiling
  • Skidoo
  • Snowmobile safari

But these activities are not covered at all:

  • Air boarding
  • Aerial skiing
  • Biathlon
  • Bobsleigh
  • Freestyle skiing
  • Heli skiing or heli boarding
  • Ice climbing
  • Ice diving
  • Ice fishing by snowmobile
  • Ice hockey
  • Ice holing
  • Ice marathon
  • Ice speedway
  • Nordic skiing
  • Paraskiing
  • Skeleton bob
  • Ski acrobatics/aerials Tandem skiing
  • Ski jumping
  • Ski mountaineering
  • Ski race training
  • Ski racing
  • Ski randonee
  • Ski stunting
  • Ski touring
  • Ski yawing
  • Skiing/snowboarding off piste (outside local ski patrol guidelines/outside recognised and authorised areas)
  • Snow biking
  • Snow cat driving
  • Snow kiting
  • Snow parascending

Feel free to contact us should you have any questions concerning the products by using the contact form below or by calling 01689 892204.